To be assured of obtaining the best quality advice about the opportunities available for studying in Canada, students should register with Acads Visa. After registration all students will be carefully guided through a number of key stages, maximising their chances of getting admission in the institutions of their choice. This is how we, at Acads Visa, work on the Canada admissions process.
We make an assessment of academic qualifications, work experience, financial status, career goals as well as life interests and aspirations.
We evaluate the requirement of any standardised tests you may need to take or review results that has been already obtained.
Together, we shortlist potential countries, universities and courses that match your profile.
We edit essays, Statement of Purpose, Letters of Recommendation and Resume, which have been written by you.
The completed application forms are reviewed before they are submitted to your final choice of universities.
We assist in preparation (including mock sessions) for the interviews that you may have with the chosen universities.
We assist in preparation (including mock sessions) for the interviews that you may have with the High Commissions or Embassies, as well as the collation and review of relevant documentation for submission of the visa application.
Contact us to know more about the Canada admissions process.
Currency: The official currency of Canada is Canadian Dollar (CAD$).
1 CAD$ = Rs. 49.07/- (Approx. as in 2015).
Cost of Education & Living: The cost of education in Canada is between CAD$8000-20000 for Undergraduate Courses and between CAD$ 10000-25000 for Post-Graduate Courses. The cost of living is approximately CAD$8000–10000 per year, this covers all the living expenses; including accommodation, food, travel, books, clothes and entertainment.
This section details out the various eligibility criteria for admission to Canadian Institutes.
Undergraduate/ Bachelors level
Community College / Technical Institutes
Besides these, there are several other exams that a student might have to take. Depending on the school applied to or course of study, it may be recommended or even mandatory to appear for one or more of the following tests:
For Undergraduate Study:
For Postgraduate Study:
Acads Visa is the one stop solution for all your Overseas Education needs. We are Overseas Studies/Education Consultants for Study in Canada. The Canadian education system is qualitative and ranks amongst the best in the world.
The United Nations has ranked Canada as one of the best countries to live in.
We provide complete guidance regarding Study in Canada. We assist our students for Coaching, Admissions and Visa, in short the entire process from start to end for Study in Canada.
The combination of Canada’s natural environment and its reputation for high-quality education are just a few of the things that attract tens of thousands of foreign students to Canada every year. Foreign students choose to study in Canada because of the Canadian degrees and diplomas are recognized throughout the world. The 1998 Gourman Report, an independent USA report, scored 18 Canadian electrical engineering programs in the top 40 of such programs in North America.
Canadian work experience is highly desirable by multi-national companies who actively recruit on Canadian campuses. Students coming to Canada have over 90 degree granting universities, 175 community colleges, several private language schools and many corporate training facilities to choose from. Canada spends more per capita on its education system than any other country in the world. As a result, Canadian universities and colleges offer lower tuition rates for international students than their counterparts in other countries. The cost of study in Canada is considerably less than the USA, Australia and the United Kingdom. Canada is a world leader in software development, telecommunications, aerospace engineering, urban transport, biotechnology, mining technology and environmental industries.
Canada is probably best known for the stunning beauty of its natural environment. This is with good reason. From coast to coast, Canada is a panorama of gorgeous mountains, lakes, rivers, forests, plains, and more. As a result, the country has an amazing range of outdoor activities that could keep even the most avid enthusiast satisfied for years. With that comes an absorbing history and the cultural diversity of a modern, eclectic nation. With roots in European traditions, particularly the French and British, the heritage in many cities is unmistakable. Add to that the influence of the United States and the many immigrants who have settled there, and Canada is a fascinating and fun mix.
Canadians place great importance on learning, and have developed a first-rate education system with high standards. The country spends more on education (as a percentage of GDP) compared to the OECD average, and is the second highest among G-8 countries.
Canadian teenagers consistently rank among the best in the world on international tests of reading, science and math – a testament to the outstanding quality of Canadian schools. A Canadian degree, diploma or certificate is well-regarded in business, government and academic circles around the globe.
Each case is different and scrutinized individually and hence there is no standard or ‘foolproof’ procedure for obtaining visas. A prospective must be able to demonstrate the genuineness of his visit. A few examples of circumstances that applicants have submitted as proof of return are: evidence of a good job, sizeable finances or property, family and a good social standing.
After you have received an unconditional letter of acceptance from a Canadian College or University, you are required to obtain a Study Permit. It generally takes 15 days for the Visa to be processed. Submit the completed application form along with the necessary documents to the immigration section of the Canadian High commission.
Documents Checklist for SSP (STUDENT PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM):
1) SPP Checklist – Attach THIS checklist as a cover sheet to your application.
2) Application form fully completed (all questions answered), dated and signed, indicating your personal mailing address, reliable phone contact, and your personal email address (if you agree to e-mail communications).
3) Original, valid passport for yourself, as well as a photocopy of the bio data page
4) Family Information Form and Student Questionnaire
5) Two passport photographs with a white background for yourself and each family member requesting a visa. The photographs should have your name printed on the back, dated and taken in the past 6 months.
6) Letter of Acceptance from your SPP educational institute in Canada stating unconditional admission, course title, duration of study, level of study, start date (multiple start dates, if applicable) and latest possible date of admission.
7) Use of a Representative form (IMM 5476) (if applicable)
8) IELTS test results taken within last 24 months with overall band not less than 6.0, with no individual band lower than 5.5.
9) Photocopy of the most recent diploma/leaving certificate, and most recent mark sheets (for entire program; consolidated mark sheets are NOT acceptable)
10) Copy of receipts for tuition payment provided by the SPP institution.
11) Proof of funds: You MUST demonstrate the purchase of a special (GIC) from a participating Canadian financial institution, in the amount of $10,000 CAD to cover living expenses for your first year in Canada.
12) Copy of medical examination form IMM1017 if you opted to undergo a medical examination before submitting your application.